Monday, May 14, 2012

The Excitement of Moving

I have lived in my current residence for just over 8 years and although I have made some changes to my home to make it more “me.” I was very undecided as to what “me” really was.

I have spent some time, too much time to willingly admit, scouring the Web for various decor styles to see what really spoke to me. Now that I have a better sense of who I am decor wise, it’s time to get down to business.

The joy of moving is that I get to start decorating and organizing from scratch! Although I am moving into a rental, there are tons of creative ways I can make the place mine without breaking any of the landlord’s rules. The not so joyous part of moving, packing!

I haven’t even started packing, GASP!, I know. I have a plan this weekend that includes purging everything that does not need to move with me. I am really going to have to ask myself whether I need item “x” or not. I do not want to waste efforts packing items that I do not intend to use and the more items I have to sell, the more potential I have for making money for new goodies! And of course my list of new goodies is already a mile long.

To give you an idea of what I have to work with, here’s a shot of the layout for the townhouse my daughter and I are moving to:

Romas

I know, three stories! I’m crazy, but hey it will get me off my butt and I love that I still get my own private 2 car garage (1 spot for my car and 1 spot for my power tools).

As many of you know I LOVE having my own craft space and although this layout doesn’t seem to have that, I’m going to make sure my love for crafting is given an appropriate place to flourish.

Check back tomorrow to see how I’m going to incorporate a craft room/space into my new place.

Until next time!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...