Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Craft Room Planning: Part I

As mentioned yesterday, I intend on having a comfortably craft space in my place. Although it will not be the exact setup as my current space, I intend on making it as comfortable as possible. Now that I have a better idea of what works and what doesn’t for my crafty space, I can plan better from the start.

Let’s take a look at my current craft space:

DSC_0301 DSC_0302

Although I have made some changes since December 2010 (added a table in the center and more counter space by the window), for the most part, the layout is the same.

Now lets take a look at the new space I have to work with (since the bedrooms are on the 3rd floor, I only have the 2nd floor to plan out a craft space).

 Romas2

Moving to the new place required some thought and planning for setting up a craft space since there are only enough bedrooms for my daughter and I.

Since the kitchen has an island large enough for two chairs, I will use that as for enjoying meals with my daughter. With that adjustment, I can rethink the space that was meant to be a dining area.

I decided that the dining room could be used as the living room. This would then leave the living room to be used as a craft room. So I came up with this switch-a-roo to accommodate a craft space.

Romas2.2

Since there are no walls used to define where the dining room stops and the living room begins, I am able to determine my own room lengths.

Check back tomorrow to see how I’ve planned out this space.

Until next time!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...