Monday, December 5, 2011

Chicken Wire Memo Boards

Over the weekend I decided it was time to get some of those projects on my list completed. I have wanted to create a chicken wire memo board for quite sometime for myself and my daughter. I decided to finally stop talking about it and get it done.

For my daughter’s memo board I painted the picture frame pink then black and sanded some of the black off before putting on the gloss. I painted the chicken wire pink. Since her bedroom is in the process of being redesigned with the pink and zebra theme I decided to make this frame to match that decor. I used pink and black zebra paper to create the clothespins. She loved her new memo board!

DSC_0579   DSC_0573  DSC_0575

 DSC_0576

 DSC_0577 

For my memo board, I wanted to create something that went with my “Shabby Chic” decor in my entry way that has become my new obsession. I used an old cabinet door frame that was hollow in the center instead of a picture frame. I painted the frame black then white and sanded off some of the areas to expose the black. I painted the chicken wire black to coordinate. I used some patterned paper that had a vintage/shabby chic look to create the clothespins.

DSC_0588

 DSC_0580

 DSC_0581    DSC_0585  DSC_0587

All in all, I think the projects turned out great. Now if only I could do this stuff full time, it’s hard to find the time but it is well worth it when I do!

Until next time!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...